Saturday, 22 December 2012

One Book Launch or Two?

 A Tale of Two Cities


This is where a First Book gets really exciting: we're going to have a Glasgow book launch in the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland's Whittaker Library (my workplace), when my book is published.  Ashgate's estimated publication date is 28 March 2013, but until we know the exact date, we can't plan a great deal.

I'm thinking of a short talk, and music from the different eras that I wrote about - from 1760 to 1888.  And also, a suite of tune arrangements that I've done, using tunes from one of the collections.  All this depends on my persuading willing/unwilling parties to perform for me! But after all, I do work in a Conservatoire.

But now there's the chance of a second launch at the Musica Scotica Conference in Edinburgh on 27 April 2013.  I suspect that launch may not involve performers, but who knows?  I do have one or two ideas - different ones.

Given the age-old competition between Glasgow and Edinburgh, it would be entirely appropriate to have an event in each city, don't you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment