Saturday, 14 July 2012

Getting there!

Three and half thousand words later, and I'm about to write the conclusion of my paper.  Will I like it when I revisit it tomorrow, though?

There can't be many people who think about structuring a musicology paper, whilst thrashing up and down in the nearest leisure centre swimming pool!  Today I was allocating section headings and deciding what would better fit under a different heading, which made a change from my habit of 'mentally singing' hymn tunes and Scottish melodies to myself to while away the lengths.

Whale thinking (from The Telegraph)
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01695/whale-thinking_1695524i.jpg

I can't claim to have had any breakthroughs, really.  Apart from remembering my doctoral supervisor's advice to insert headings into a conference paper, in order to check that things followed on logically - that was the main inspiration.  And it definitely has helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment