Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Silence is golden?

A week has passed, and not a word has been edited or indexed.  This is largely because I've been first preoccupied with a paper, 'Crowdsourcing the Celtic Bard', and then I've attended the IAML (UK and Ireland) Annual Study Weekend and given said paper.  (I 'gave' rather than 'read' it.  There's a PowerPoint, but that's it.  I'll turn it into a Brio article in due course.)

It was back to the library today, but I have two nights in which to prepare a powerpoint for Thursday morning's 19th century Scottish music history lecture.  If I get THAT done, I can then return to the book manuscript.  Deadline 30th April - I received the images yesterday, but haven't had a chance to look at the disc yet.

If you're bard-curious, you can see my powerpoint presentation here.  My thanks to National Library of Wales music cataloguer Heini Davies for her significant help tracking down sources and expert authorities.

Now, I must charge my 'Imaginary Friends' mug and think seriously about 19th century Scottish history ... here goes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment