Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Hmm. Worked my socks off, but still not enough

  • Virtually no checking Twitter.
  • Very little email checking.
  • Absolutely no Whittaker Live blogging.
  • Absolutely no checking my work email account.
  • Come to think of it, no reading of the reading pile either!

Socks worked off
Honestly, I've worked my socks off.  Yes, we went out to lunch, but apart from that, I've sat, and I've worked.  And worked some more.  And what have I achieved?  Another 1100 words.  So I've worked through about one quarter of the 'paper' which is going to become Chapter 5.  More will go in, and more will come out, before it is anything LIKE the chapter that's in my head.  

If I don't get more than this done tomorrow, I'll know I'm in for the long haul.  Why are these bards being so obdurate?  It's not even that I don't know what to say.  I've certainly spent time sourcing the odd 18th-century poem or essay, but I've also spent time writing.  Real writing, notes on paper, and lines on Word.

H-e-e-e-e-l-p!

No comments:

Post a Comment