Sunday, 15 January 2012

Sunday evening, late

Well, over the weekend, I've finished taking notes on Phyllis Kinney's book (Welsh Traditional Music). I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not doing another PhD on Welsh song collecting!  Just making comparisons for Chapter 5.  But I shall have to examine some of these sources, however cursorily.

Today, I've started going through my book draft.  If I can get through 50 pages in a day, that's not too bad.  Not an exhaustive effort, just a preliminary skim to remind myself what is where, and remove any obvious references to "this thesis"!

Must admit that it's a bit surreal, reading and thinking about my "true imaginary friends" - all polite, Enlightenment Scots so far - while 21st century teens rampage hormonally upstairs ...

Still, quite a satisfactory authorial weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment